Thursday, 17 April 2014

"Julius Caesar" [Extract from draft by Quentin Tarantino]

Soothsayer:  Caesar!  
CAESAR:  Ha! who calls?  
CASCA:  Bid every noise be still: peace yet again!  
CAESAR:  Who is it in the press that calls on me?   
  I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music,
  Cry "Caesar!" Speak; Caesar is turn'd to hear.  
Soothsayer:  Beware the ides of March.  
CAESAR:  What man is that?  
BRUTUS:  A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March.  
CAESAR:  Set him before me; let me see his face. 
CASSIUS:  Fellow, come from the throng; look upon Caesar.  
CAESAR:  What say'st thou to me now? Say-sooth again! Say! Sooth! again! I dare you! I double-dare you, motherfucker! Say sooth one more goddamn time!  
Soothsayer  Beware the ides of March.  
CAESAR:  He is a dreamer; let us leave him: I'd knock that shit off if I was you.  
  [Sennet. Exeunt all except BRUTUS and CASSIUS.]

No comments:

Post a Comment